thanks

Comments

• HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    Which models are you referring to?
  • PaganiniPaganini New
    I mean the DG320 and DG330.
    I still do not know if you can allready buy them
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    The 320 is on back order right now. We get a very few at a time. And we have yet to see the 330 but are first on the list to get one when they are available.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • PaganiniPaganini New
    Thanks, well then it will take some more time before they are for sale in Holland. I am quite happy with the dg255 and if the D-hole with 14 frets to the body is ok I might buy that one as well.
    The 320 (14, D-hole) is nice just a bit hard to get at this point.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • czeckoczecko ✭✭✭
    I bought a 320 in NY at Carmine St. a couple of months ago. It was an impulse buy...that might sound silly since it's not cheap, but I played it for 5 minutes and then asked if they take credit cards. :D

I love it and have played it relentlessly since then. But I am a beginner at this style of music and haven't played any other make of GJ style guitar, so I have nothing to compare it to. It is a very beautiful-looking guitar, people have commented on that aspect a few times. I find it very easy to play and it sounds good to my ears. The neck is awesome...but perhaps veteran GJazzers are used to this feeling...like I said, all I can compare it to is Martins, Guilds, Gibsons etc.

I really dig all kinds of acoustic music--from GJ to prog-style Yes/Led Zeppelin acoustic stuff to blues, and there are a lot of different tones and styles that can be pulled from this guitar. Sometimes it does seem a little "wet" but other days it doesn't have that, so I don't know if it's the weather or how I'm playing/listening on any given day. Probably the most important thing is that I've played it solo, never with any kind of group situation. I have performed in an artist's group I'm in and it seems to be a good guitar for doing this. How it would stack up with other people or amplified, I have no idea.

I read over Josh's review...Josh have you customized/set up your 320 to your specs? Did that solve some of the issues you had with it?

Maybe as I go along I would try the custom bridge thing, but I figured I would get my playing together a little better first. It's not like I'm gonna be gigging next week. And I think that someone else at the same stage where I am would have a lot of fun and LEARN with this guitar. I know I have.
    The bridge on all the 300 series guitars makes a substantial difference in tone and response depending on the wood used in for the bridge. The 320 is a very big guitar volume and tone wise and can be on the overbearing side at times. Can get away from you if your not careful. A tuned bridge can help but input from the player is key when determining what wood to use and the desired tonal change due to the bridge change. That being said if you like the tone of the stick bridge then stick with it but even a bridge of better design then the stock Saga bridge is an upgrade and will get you a tone that is more balanced over all.

Cheers,
    Josh