DjangoBooks.com

Andreas, what pick-up?

2»

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Have you guys who use Schertlers experienced any finish damage from the repeated application of the pickup to the guitar top?

Thanks,
    Charlie

I never had a problem over the last 6 years or so.

I know people who use Schertlers on $25K vintage Selmers...never causes any damage.
  • Tom LandmanTom Landman Brooklyn, NY✭✭✭✭ 6 strings
    I once left a Schertler PU on my guitar for about a week, and the putty left a mark on the finish that eventually disappeared only after several months. The finish on my guitar is now back to normal, but I'm sure to remove the Schertler and putty immediately after each gig.
    - Tom

Have you guys who use Schertlers experienced any finish damage from the repeated application of the pickup to the guitar top?

Thanks,
    Charlie
  • ChubbyChubby Midwest, USANew
    I like the sound of the Basik. How much of the majic putty are you all using and do you press down hard on the pickup when you stick it on the guitar top?
    Thanks,
    Chubby
    Just a little ring of putty...you don't have to press very hard.
  • ChubbyChubby Midwest, USANew
    Michael do you make a ring, leaving the center of the pickup exposed and sort of hovering on the top of the guitar, as opposed to having the putty right on the center of pickup?
    Chubby
    I make a ring...and sort of squish it a bit so the center of the pickup makes contact with the top.