DjangoBooks.com

A good small PA for gigs?

2»

Comments

• djangolindjangolin Memphis, TNNew
    Check musiciansfriend.com. They are currently having a huge sale on all their Fender Passport systems. $100 or more off their normal price which is already pretty low.

Mark
  • TenorClefTenorClef UKNew
    Acoustic instruments can be pretty loud, you may find you don't need as much amplification as you think. In my bands set up we have only two small amps. The double bassist uses one of those tiny Gallien Kruger bass amps and the other amp is a AER Alpha which our pianist plugs into and i also mic my Gitane acoustic through it with a AKG condenser. The other instruments a tenor sax and drums are loud enough. We did a corporate gig this week for 70 General Managers of the Thistle Hotel Chain and their was no problem at all being heard, infact we had to watch our volume levels! No PA, just two very good discreet amps.
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500
  • Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
    I have used the Fender Passport at a number of gigs. The limited EQ control was a real problem in several of these venues. I'm sure you can do a lot better. I have often used my condenser mic through the little Crate acoustic amp I've got and it worked really well. Maybe a couple of small acoustic amps would be an economical alternative.
    Ken Bloom