DjangoBooks.com

Used AJL at the 12th fret

sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
Just a heads up that Toronto's 12th fret guitar shop has what looks like a very nice AJL for sale at a very nice price:

http://www.12fret.com/used/index.html#F ... l%20String

It's the same one that Jacques has a few months back, but asking price is around 500 USD lower.

http://www.gypsyguitars.com/inventory.php?status_id=3

If I hadn't just bought fopa's Shelley Park, I would have bought this one. (Not that I deserve either of these fine instruments.) Thought someone out there might be interested!

Best wishes,

John

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i think that's one of my former student's guitar... if so, that guitar is absolutely incredible... really easy to play nice sound with lots of depth. I highly recommend it
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    Are you real happy with your AJL, Dennis?

Charlie
  • pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    edited February 2007 Posts: 245
    The guitar sold this morning, hopefully to someone on the forum! If so, whoever you are, please let us know your impressions.

Cheers,

-Paul
    Reject the null hypothesis.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Are you real happy with your AJL, Dennis?

Charlie

I sure am!!! There are lots of great luthiers out there, but the one thing I like about AJL is his honesty and professional attitude...

the best part about AJ's guitars are the csae which are worth the price of an entry level Gitane.... They're fiber-glass replicas of the original selmer cases

http://www.ajl-guitars.com/features.htm
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Does AJ sell just his cases? Does he make a favino sized case. My Hommage case fits pretty good but it bulges in places it shouldn't, I guess because the lower bout is wider (??). Any one else with an Hommage have this problem? Sny suggestions on cases that fit Favino sized guitars very well?
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    Do you have the upgraded AJL tuners, Dennis? They look nice - I wonder if they're made by Miller. AJL's are also varnished inside, aren't they?

Caleb, you might look at the fiberglass cases that Alain is selling on ****. I tried a Homage in one and, though there was a little space near the endpin, the fit was excellent.

Charlie
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Guardian will be making a Favino size case for the new Dell Artes. It should be pretty inexpensive.

'm
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    I think the fiberglass cases that Alain is selling is what I have. I will check but I don't hink mine fits quite right. Anyway I'll check.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.