DjangoBooks.com

Rejected Band Names

2»

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Jack that was Ed Cotton, His band Pretty Boy Feud was a cool band to check out. Ed got me kick started in this style. Showed me some stuff to get me going in the right direction and even put me and a friend up for the night at his place just to play guitar the next day. Last I heard he was getting married and going back to school. I am not sure if he ever did the Sgt Peppers project or not.

Ed if you check these boards hit me up we need to catch up.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    CalebFSU wrote:
    Jack that was Ed Cotton, His band Pretty Boy Feud was a cool band to check out.

That's it! It was Freud, though, right? Just a typo no doubt...anyway Ed always seemed like a cool guy; I wonder what he's up to...but to get back to the topic, someone once misheard me and thought we played 'Jungle Rhino" music...

best,
    Jack.
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Many years ago (many, many years ago) my pals and I used to go out as Sixteen String Swing (2 guitars, 1 bass).

Cool, what?

OK... it was a LONG time ago, we were young...

SP
  • djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
    Elliot wrote:
    The Djangbangers

LOL!!

My band is officially changing it's name to: The Quintette of the Hot Club of Freedom.

Actually, speaking of bad names, "Quintette du Hot Club de France" is pretty cumbersome.
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    My band: The Old School Preservation Society does not exactly roll off the tung but people tend to remember it.

How bout' Django's Pinky

Josh
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    djadam wrote:
    Actually, speaking of bad names, "Quintette du Hot Club de France" is pretty cumbersome.

well it wasn't really a band name at all, just a descriptor. The quintet that was sponsored/promoted by the Hot Club of France.

I always wonder when I see bands called "The Hot Club of ______" because "The Hot Club of France" was simply a group of French Jazz enthusiasts, not the name of Django's ensemble.

In all earnestness I advise those who have not yet chosen a bandname not to use something with the letters "d" and "j" next to each other. That old gag has been thoroughly exhausted.
    nwilkins wrote:
    djadam wrote:
    In all earnestness I advise those who have not yet chosen a bandname not to use something with the letters "d" and "j" next to each other. That old gag has been thoroughly exhausted.

This thread is just a Public Service Announcement. Some folks haven't heard these yet and need to be educated so that they don't make the same mistakes.

Dja know what I'm talking about? :wink:
    Djizz Djazz.
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Pompeadour D'amour (Cuz I speak of the pompadour of love....) :roll:
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com