DjangoBooks.com

FS: 1933 Epiphone Broadway Archtop Guitar

Colin PerryColin Perry Montreal, QCNew
edited February 2007 in Classifieds Posts: 115
It really pains me to part with this guitar. It has been my dream guitar for quite a while, and I have used it on countless gigs. Unfortunately, I have had quite a few unexpected expenses this winter. I also am will be touring more and more this summer and fall, and need to get a guitar that I won't be as worried about on the road. (probably an eastman archtop)

Anyways this guitar is the real deal. 1933 Epiphone Masterbilt Broadway. This model was second only to the Deluxe at it's time. Handmade in the Epiphone shop by master violin makers. It is 16.5 inches wide, 3.5 inches deep. The scale is 25.5 inches. It is in excellent condition, with only minor finish wear and one well repaired and cleated back crack. Top is handcarved solid spruce. The top is hand carved solid black walnut. The Serial number is 7265. I have had the neck professionally reset and refretted by Sylvain Courcelles:

http://www.colba.net/~guitare/

Sylvain also tung-oiled the neck. This guitar has been played and played. There is virtually no finish left on the neck, making it incredibly comfortable to play. The tung-oil protects the wood from moisture and is the same process applied to upright basses and violins. The frets are tall with virtually no wear. I have the action set to about 2.2 mms at the first fret. There is plenty of room to raise or lower it to whatever height you need. This guitar is ready to gig; I use it at least a couple of times a week. The sound is huge and wide open, easily the loudest archtop I have ever played. There are recordings of it here:

http://www.myspace.com/houserentserenaders

They are a bit lo-fi, but will give you an idea of how great it sounds. I will post a couple of pictures here. I'll be happy to send more detailed photos to anybody who is interested. If you are looking for a serious archtop guitar then this one is as good as it gets. I am asking $3800, which also includes a nearly brand new tkl archtop/back hardshell case worth about $300. I hope the next owner enjoys it as much as I have.

Comments

• nwilkinsnwilkins New
    Nooooo! You were supposed to wait until I had enough money to buy it :(

seriously though, I'm really sorry you have to sell this.