DjangoBooks.com

charleston

edited July 2007 in Repertoire Posts: 24
Hi i am trying to find the intro to the song Charleston there is a guy on youtube who does it great but i cant just make out the chords or what fret position he runs up and down from his link is gatsbycaribou
cheers Dave

Comments

• ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    I have been wanting those chords myself. I have made powertab files for the Charleston melody, and also a powertab file for Django's complete solo on the song (which I personally feel is one of his best)...it's out of the Ayeroff book, but I have transcribed it in TAB for anyone who cannot read sheet music but still wants to learn it. If you want them just let me know your email address and I can send them to you.

I think the intro chords are shaped something like this, but I'm not sure if it's right:

---
    ---
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Emicad just posted one intro of this tune on his website.
    - JG
  • gatsbygatsby United States✭✭✭✭
    hey!
    I am the gatsbycaribou of YouTube (although I removed all my videos the ohter day and closed my account)..

anyway.. the chords in Django's intro are (after the Bb6/9 with the violeon) of this kind: x-x-7-8-8-8

he makes a few of them like that in different places, but the position remains the same..

gatsby