DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

MAllred C5081 DMoloney per SwingIt GypsyMadness

La Chope des Puces

dburdickdburdick New
edited January 2009 in Photos Posts: 17
Went here while in Paris over Christmas. These guys were great! Tearing it up on a cold weekend afternoon. you might recognize them from the last chapter of the Dregni book. I was sure amused when I read that after the fact.

chope1.jpg

chope2.jpg

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Garcias practically live there! I think it was Michael that was telling me that they wouldn't be at Samois on the weekend because "We've got a gig!" I'm so glad places like this still exist, however few and far between they are...

Best,
    Jack.
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    if you have not been to La Chope de Puces drop everything and go, NOW. This tiny bar is truly the heart of jazz manouche in Paris - so many players have cut their teeth there, and Ninine and Mondine have played there seemingly forever. I am so glad that I have been able to see Mondine live. He seems to play mostly rhythm these days, but when I requested a couple of waltzes including their speicalty "Sa Preferee" he obliged. Magic.
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    I've been to Paris a couple times: in 1992 and 93. I spent a lot of time wandering around the Clignancourt marche aux puces & environs but didn't know about La Chope at the time. Sure wish I had!!
  • pale42pale42 ✭✭✭
    This is when I went somewhere in 2004. It is like a litlle museum. (Although the beer was quiet expensive I do remember)
    Best,
    Perry
  • pale42pale42 ✭✭✭
    I was in le chope again, but was surprised how it changed. It lost a litlle the authentic feel. Although still good music. Greetings Perry[/img]