DjangoBooks.com

La Chope des Puces

dburdickdburdick New
edited January 2009 in Photos Posts: 17
Went here while in Paris over Christmas. These guys were great! Tearing it up on a cold weekend afternoon. you might recognize them from the last chapter of the Dregni book. I was sure amused when I read that after the fact.

chope1.jpg

chope2.jpg

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Garcias practically live there! I think it was Michael that was telling me that they wouldn't be at Samois on the weekend because "We've got a gig!" I'm so glad places like this still exist, however few and far between they are...

Best,
    Jack.
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    if you have not been to La Chope de Puces drop everything and go, NOW. This tiny bar is truly the heart of jazz manouche in Paris - so many players have cut their teeth there, and Ninine and Mondine have played there seemingly forever. I am so glad that I have been able to see Mondine live. He seems to play mostly rhythm these days, but when I requested a couple of waltzes including their speicalty "Sa Preferee" he obliged. Magic.
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    I've been to Paris a couple times: in 1992 and 93. I spent a lot of time wandering around the Clignancourt marche aux puces & environs but didn't know about La Chope at the time. Sure wish I had!!
  • pale42pale42 ✭✭✭
    This is when I went somewhere in 2004. It is like a litlle museum. (Although the beer was quiet expensive I do remember)
    Best,
    Perry
  • pale42pale42 ✭✭✭
    I was in le chope again, but was surprised how it changed. It lost a litlle the authentic feel. Although still good music. Greetings Perry[/img]