DjangoBooks.com

ANDRE DEDJEAN

wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in History Posts: 169
I've come across ANDRE DEDJEAN's name a few times recently and I've never heard his music. Does anyone have any info on him. He's not listed under "Leaders" on the djangostation site.

cheers

Wayne

Comments

• pippopippo New
    Hi Wayne,
    I find only few informations about Andre Dedjean a french jazz guitarist in the 70'. I just found a rewiews about a LP , maybe entitled
    "Sentimental guitar" : superb manouche jazz guitar led album incl "SWING BLEU" "SUZETTA" "DOUCE REVERIE DE PHILIPPE" "RUPTURE EN MINEUR" "LECUANA RUMBA" "FIP FIP FIP" "GIBSON THE GUITAR" "SAMBA MICAELLA" "TOI MA PETITE FLEURETTE" "DEDJIANI" "SARCELLES" "STEFANE STOMP" by André Dedjean(guitar) with M.Hyolles (guitar acc.), Pierre Gossez (clarinette), A.Masselier (Bass), G.Wallez (drums) - early 70's press
    Regards,
    Pippo
  • pippopippo New
    ...and a little pic. Pippo
  • pippopippo New
    sorry, i am not able to send the pic
    Pippo
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information Pippo.

cheers

wayne
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    Andre Dedjean is still something of a mystery man but today we know more than we did... Amazingly enough, he is still alive and playing the same old Gibson Barney Kessell model he played when he was making records back in the day. Here is the proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zRqX1PI ... el&list=UL

I don't know exactly how to describe this but I think it's great that this grey-haired gent is still playing Django's music entirely his own way, totally unencumbered by modern notions of hipness. Makes you wonder how many other guitarists like this are still playing around France.
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Andre is still around and playing his old Barney Kessel Gibson. :)
    Thanks for posting. Classic album cover shot.
    Swang on,