DjangoBooks.com

Frederick Belinsky

Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
edited September 2007 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 287
Can anyone review his CD's? I've heard very little talk about his CD's or his playing.......

Thanks,
Charlie

Comments

• avgavg New
    You can listen some extracts on his myspace page:
    www.myspace.com/fredbelinsky
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I am listening to it right now. My brother-in-law saw him in Paris and sent me an autographed copy of "Gypsy Instinct". So far I like it. The songs are pretty much standard repertoire with a couple of exceptions. I may think differently after a few listens, but first impressions are that he is a very good technician who is still young and hasn't established his own voice yet. I don't hear much that makes me say, "Wow", but then, I don't hear anything I don't like either. He is playing Sarane Ferret's old Selmer, which is too cool.

Comparing this CD to "Introducing Stephane Wrembel", which I think is fair, I think Belinsky has a less expressive individual voice, but with the technical gifts to let his individuality grow as he matures. I feel he is playing other people's licks, where with Stephane, I always feel like I am hearing the idea for the first time.

I don't mean this to sound negative. It is a good CD by a player who I think will have much of his own to say in due time.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.