DjangoBooks.com

DELL'ARTE DG-H1 HOMMAGE (Favino Style)

2»

Comments

• A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    The new low end Dell'Artes are built in China and distributed by Music Link...
    Here is a link to the Namm show featuring some of their instruments...
    http://www.themusiclink.net/NAMM-2007-S ... 450.0.html
    Click on the video and slide show...
    I have played the RN Model and it is a nice entry level GJ Guitar that looks good. The detail in craftsmanship is wonderful. Nice detail for a production guitar. Sound was good, however the one I played did not have my choice of strings, however I think a person would do well in considering this line if money is an issue...
    Tuners I didn't pay attention to. Bridge replacement may be considered because I believe they with be sold "as is" from Music Link (similar to Gitanes)
    It would take the same amount of monies to make a Gitane look as good as these guitars...
    Been there and done that...
    http://community.webshots.com/user/Calienteflaco
    I think they will retain their resale value for those who choose to upgrade in the future...

Oh Yeah, The Banjo player (Tim Wiedenkiller) in the Namm Music Link Video is a jam friend of mine here in Tucson...

Also the Paris Swing Mandolins are Music Links also...

The Robin Nolan Model that had the Humbucker installed couldn't have the pickup placed any close to the fingerboard because the truss rod extends about an inch from the top parallel brace... Easy access but no room for that type of mod...

A.K.
  • manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
    I saw and played the new (China made) ones at NAMM too. Someone told me they were being made at the Gitane (Saga) factory... at least one model but I'm not sure. I thought they were a lot better than the high end Gitanes. The hardware was not the best, in my view, and they were a bit too quiet for me.
  • ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
    Michael,

Are they talking about the same guitars?I'm not sure....Anyway thanks for reply