DjangoBooks.com

Nice youtube video

ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
edited June 2008 in Welcome Posts: 56
I've found this on youtube. Its a great video...a lot o f gypsy tuned are combined like Bossa dorado, Rhytme futur, Simpsons theme, Minor swing, What is this thing called love, Troublant bolero and many others...you need to see this...Hope you'll like it!!!

Comments

• pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    I believe that this is Les doigts de l’homme.

http://www.lesdoigtsdelhomme.com/espacepro/L_060412115615.jpg

-Paul
    Reject the null hypothesis.
    pallopenna wrote:
    I believe that this is Les doigts de l’homme.

http://www.lesdoigtsdelhomme.com/espacepro/L_060412115615.jpg

-Paul

I've heard some of there stuff. Very cool. So ... is this them in that thar vid?

BTW, it took me some digging to get the French pun in their name.
  • ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
    Yes...it is "Les doigts de l’homme" .I saw a few videos with them and I think they are really good
    They play some nice stuff...
  • V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
    That was epic. I can't even imagine the amount of practice that went into organizing all that. And the playing is spectacular. Why don't more people know about these guys?

Other things going on in there, which I know because I'm a nerd:

Stochelo's solo to Belleville (live at samois)
    Notos Noires (super hard waltz done by jimmy rosenberg and fapy)

Anyone know what the first song is? I really like it
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    At the very beginning it seems like an amped up Ma Premiere Guitare...this is actually one of our favorite things to do at rehearsals, and to a lesser extent, at gigs-not that we do it as well as those guys, but it's a great way to keep your ears open to what everyone's playing!

best,
    Jack.
  • xavxav New
    I'm a big fan of their stuff but this is the first new thing I've seen in a while. The first tune is actually one of their originals from the 'Dans le Monde' album - it's called enterrement sur une jambe

saw them at the l'espirit manouche festival in the UK, and although I was pretty naive to the big players in gypsy jazz at the time, this guy was the highlight of a weekend that included moreno and stochelo... Definitely worth checking out.
    Xav
  • arnolloarnollo New
    For those of you who liked the medley..
    There are some new videos from les doigts de l'homme on youtube..
    Some are teaser made by themselves in order to present their new CD.
    Some are filmed from live performances...
    Both are pretty cool and show the amazing quality and playing of this band.
    What is even greater is that 15 mins after the end of their show, they are back in the bar with their guitars and start jamming together.. everybody else being welcome.. i myself played with them several time and got to know these guys a bit.. A truly amazing band with simplicity, honesty and passion...

Check out these videos
    Indifference : a great arrangement on this waltz after a solo introduction by their new guitarist (which is as good (if not better than) kikteff Oo ) The begginig of the introduction is taken from Nelson Veras a jazz guitariste which is amazing too!!

Le poinconneur des lilas from Gainsbourg. They have a really punchy interpretation of this one...
    With those two songs, you have the actual ending of the typical concert of les doigts de l'homme online :p

Enjoy ;)
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    The band have an amazing vid on you tube, I think its Rythme Future and they really put on a show-they have old style lights on stage that blink when they play..they also have a song called ' we are'nt going to Samois' with a southpark video -They must have had a bit of a fall out with the organisers, AND they have a tune called 'Zinedine Tzigane'.
    They are the future, along with the selmer guys

I love them!
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    The band have an amazing vid on you tube, I think its Rythme Future and they really put on a show-they have old style lights on stage that blink when they play..they also have a song called ' we are'nt going to Samois' with a southpark video -They must have had a bit of a fall out with the organisers, AND they have a tune called 'Zinedine Tzigane'.
    They are the future, along with the selmer guys

I love them!
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Yeah - these guys are great I have all their CDs apart from their latest one...and their sound is one of the most original out there, with the phenomal lead guitar playing of Olivier Klikteff. :D