DjangoBooks.com

Angle of the pick 45 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise??

2»

Comments

• BillyBobBillyBob Graham, WaNew
    A nice cheap way to figure out what is a better pick for you is to buy a couple Jim Dunlop 3.5mms and file the bevel for both the right hand and left hand. I just copied the Django pick designs that were posted on this site, but being very new to this style, I can't really tell if there's a difference.
    Bottom line is that for a buck-forty and a file from the tool box, I custom built my own pick. Maybe I'll just get used to these picks and make my own from here on out.
    Just your average Djoe.
  • HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    Reading this is enough to make haggis sprout legs.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    well...
    Let's go back to the beginning, Shall we?
    Cantzon,
    you were right from the start, Wegens are intended for people who hold the pick with the side of the index finger, and use the traditional gypsy picking technique (or a variation of it), so you had no reason to get mad when Elliot said, that you were holding it wrong, because you were indeed holding it wrong.
    You can try using a left handed Wegen or holding a right handed one backwards and it might work too, for you, but that's not the way they are supposed to be used.
    Also,
    -You may not be a newbie to guitar in general, but you are obviously one at gypsy jazz guitar. Nothing wrong with that.
    -Who the hell in their right mind describes Angelo Debarre as a hack???? :evil:
    -I wouldn't take anyone seriously just because they can "nail some Al Dimeola note for note cleanly" ...in fact if that were the case I wouldn't :lol:
    But of course that's just me.