DjangoBooks.com

Finding replacement strings

djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
Can anyone recommend a source of replacement G strings for Argentine strings? Or a suitable stand-in string from another company?

Also, has anyone tried John Pierce Nuages strings and if so, did you like them? I can find very little info on them, but they are available here in singles - are they silvered copper like Argentines?

Thanks!

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    Go here.. I'm sure Michael will get more in as he is out of stock but there might be some others that will work...

https://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/cg ... ME:Strings

Cheers
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Getting Argentine single strings is next to impossible. I've contacted multiple distributors and have also tried to contact Savarez directly. No luck...no one wants to bother with single strings. I'll keep trying, but it may be a long time until I get some Argentine singles.

However, the Galli and John Pearse single strings make fine replacements. I use them all the time without and problem.

'm
  • djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
    Thanks Michael, I'll order them. Have you ever used a full set of the Pierce strings? Just curious about them since I liked their other strings on my Martin.

BTW, those Savarez strings sound fantastic, but it sure didn't take long to wear out that G string. Your 10 pack should do the trick.
    The John Pearse Nuages strings are really nice. However, the tension is somewhat different then Argies. Not bad, but just different. My Favino is set up for the tension of Argentines so that's what I use.

'm
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    I heard John Jorgenson was endorsing strings that came with 2 G and one of everything else. That sounds like an interesting product... but that's all I know about it... that seems about right. By the time my second G string blows it's usually time to just get fresh strings.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
    John's custom set is here: DellArte John Jorgenson Custom Gauge Strings

'm