DjangoBooks.com

Hip Hop Jazz Guitar

AndreasObergAndreasOberg Stockholm,SwedenModerator
edited September 2007 in Gypsy Fire Posts: 522
Hi,
As you might know I'm interested in many different styles of music that is somehow connected to jazz. I've recently recorded one track with a Swedish DJ collective called FLYPHONIC. The result can be heard on my myspace page where I've uploaded the track. The song will be played automatically when you enter the site. It's a meeting between jazz guitar and hip hop grooves.

http://www.myspace.com/andreasoberg

Best Regards
Andreas

Comments

• pdaiglepdaigle Montreal, QCNew
    Ouh great track!

Another successful blend of Jazz for the great Andreas. Good job.

PS: I'm not bluffing, I actually ordered the CD!
  • AndreasObergAndreasOberg Stockholm,SwedenModerator
    The song a slightly longer (with some extra guitar lines) on the actual CD track. I just posted a shorter promo mix on my space.

Best Regards
    Andreas
  • RKatzRKatz London✭✭✭✭
    really cool Andreas!
    very cool Andreas!
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Wow... nice.

Man, would I love to hear you cut a: 'Andreas With' type of album. Remember Roy Hargrove's "Tenors of Our Time"? Your flexibility would be very interesting to hear in that type of vehicle... with Roy Hargrove... with Marc Antoine... with Stephane Wrembel... with Bill Bruford... with Marcus Miller... with Regina Carter... with Nicholas Payton... I don't know - those are just some of my other favorites... I guess there is no central theme to the above mentioned artists other than: 'they're all talented as he**" and you'd probably have to develop some type of theme to it to make it commercially saleable - but your flexibility is remarkable.

At any rate - great work!
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • AndreasObergAndreasOberg Stockholm,SwedenModerator
    Thanks guys, I hope to do a whole project with similar beats & grooves sometime in th future.

However, my next solo CD will be out in February 2008 on a new big US label with world wide distribution. The CD was recorded in LA and the music is basically straight ahead jazz guitar backed by a rhythm section and some string/orchestral arrangements by Kuno Schmid.

I'm really proud of that album and I'm looking forward to present the music for you guys later on.

Best Regards
    Andreas
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Wonderful - I'll look forward to it -
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.