DjangoBooks.com

Music desks

Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
This is a bit off topic but I thought someone here might know about this. I am looking for some of those cardboard music desks that were so standard for big bands back in the day. Does anyone know a place that supplies these? I would love to be able to just buy them instead of having to make them. Thanks.
Ken Bloom

Comments

• sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Ken,

Do you mean something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/2hdlx9

or this:

http://tinyurl.com/2b7cs2

Not sure if I know what you mean by "desk" but maybe those links will help.

best wishes,

John
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Hi Ken

I think he means the big things, like Desi's Band has on I Love Lucy. I didn't get the answer, but I did get two leads for you. There are a few big bands in Chicago, and they have them so they are out there somewhere. First is Judy Green Music, and they have a website. They do professional typesetting and things for big bands and orchestras. Since they are in the paper side of the music biz they may know who supplies the cardboard setups, so give them a call. Also suggested was Harris Teller also online. They are a catalog wholesale seller so they may have the info on who supplies this sort of thing, if not them.

Elliot
  • Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm thinking of the stands like Elliott suggested. You can can paint your logo on the front. I will check out the sources suggested. Thanks guys. I have a gig coming up where the band is going to be at least seven members and we're trying to be spiffy!
    Ken Bloom
  • CampusfiveCampusfive Los Angeles, CA✭✭✭✭
  • Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
    Thank you Jonathan!! Ecactly what I was looking for!!
    Ken Bloom