DjangoBooks.com

BRING ME THE HANDS OF STOCHELO ROSENBERG

Comments

• wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    Eddy:

Hey I'd love to take credit for "Bring Me the Hands of Stochelo Rosenberg"! I think you did a great job! Very impressive!

Hate to be persnickity, but I feel, as important as Stochelo's hands are to his sound, I've noticed that most of the really top level players have even more impressive ears. Not just in their ability to hear things and be able to anticipate and/or absorb material quickly… but… (I'm trying to be Politically Correct here…). All right I'll just come out and say it. Their ears are huge. I mean physically huge. Not trying to be impolite here but just look at the photos. And it's not just guys like Stochelo who you might understand has a pre-disposition to large ears, but even relative newcomers to this music. Check out the before & after Gypsy Jazz photos of Denis Mich-Mich Chang.

I rest my case.

So maybe it should have been "Bring me the Ears of …"

cheers to all and no offense meant and (Stochelo I owe you a beer for your good nature)

Wayne
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    OK, this is it, we're bringing Nunchakus over to DFNW ! :twisted:
    "There's no business like shoe business"
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Wayne, I think you're onto something and pretty much explains why Nous'che had the response he did to my music (as seen in the avatar to the left). This recently discovered photo -- shot only moments before the photo of me and Nous'che -- shows up close what the problem may have been. Thanks for the laugh my friend!
    edited April 2008 Posts: 246
    Hey Eddie you're using a normal guitar turned around into a lefty, with INVERTED STRINGS ? So you're doing la pompe "à la Patrick Saussois", upside down ?
    :shock:
  • vilgo2003vilgo2003 New
    hi
    this one 's the real thing ,no wonder he was talented

as for myself i don't the talented big ears ,i do have big feet though if that counts for something

pascal
    Yeah, french slang uses "Cabbage leaves" for "ears", and this Monsieur called himself the "cabbage-headed man" :)
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    The guitar is Nous'che's 30's Maccafferri D hole. The picture was taken in his home at their camp in Holland. I normally play a lefty, strung left-handed. Of course, I wasn't going to restring Nous'che's guitar -- nor lose the opportunity to try out his Macafferri!

AE
    Oh you're a friend of Nous'che ? Coming to Europe often ?
  • Phydeaux3Phydeaux3 New
    Eddy showed me this in Albuquerque on his iPod Touch. I nearly spat my beer out laughing. Can't wait for his next project.
    Alors, un, deux...
  • AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
    Encore! Encore!