DjangoBooks.com

great mandolin for sale

rosettrosett graham ncNew
edited April 2005 in Classifieds Posts: 12
this is an arrow G style mandolin built by paul lestock in oregon ( www.arrowguitar.com ). it looks kind of like a vintage kay mandolin with three body points. it has a carved, arched top with stylized f holes, a carved, two piece, curly maple back, curly maple sides and neck. ebony fingerboard, bridge, and floating pickguard, rosewood and maple binding chrome monteleone style tailpiece, and nickle schaller tuners. it has a custom made, internally mounted pickup with an end pin jack. it comes with a weber F style case.
this is a great sounding mandolin. it is very detailed sounding. when you play chords, you can really hear all the notes. it's great for playing chord melody. it is also quite loud, and stands up well to the big archtop guitars. the pickup sounds great, and has high output.
the only reason that i'm letting this baby go is that it has a longer than normal scale length (14.66"), and is 1 3/16" at the nut. i have arthritis in my left hand pinky, and the extra reach is killing me. if you find standard mandolin scale a little small, you would love this mandolin.
i'm asking $2500, but i need to sell it to fund a shorter scale mandolin, and to pay the hand doctor, so make me an offer. i have lots of photos i can email.
thanks, john
"it's not in bad taste, if it's funny."-john waters