DjangoBooks.com

Harmonious Wail

djangolindjangolin Memphis, TNNew
edited September 2007 in Mandolin Posts: 32
I was fortunate enough to see Sims Delany-Potthoff leading Harmonious Wail tonight. Front table seats at a dinner concert in Memphis, TN. Sims is a very talented GJ mandolinist who also doubles nicely on tenor guitar for a few songs. The band is very tight as well. His wife, Maggie, handles most of the lead vocals with great jazz styling. After the concert Sims was very open to discussing gear, technique, etc. If you haven't heard them - check them out at wail.com. Their "Gypsy Swing" CD on the Naxos label is my favorite.

Comments

• JeePeeJeePee Belgium (Liège)New
    Yes ! I like "Harmonious wail"..
    10 years ago, they were at Zelt musik festival at Freiburg - Germany...
    Magnificent vocal harmonies, choruses very elaborated, an excellent group work...
    I have 2 CD's of them: "Gypsy swing" and (of course !) "Live at the ZMF".
    I hope that they will return in Europe
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    I do hope too ! :D
  • SorefSoref Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭
    I think H. Wail did a week long tour in Germany this summer. I know they love to get to Europe when they can. Great group indeed. They should also be commended by locals for bringing such amazing artists as Robin Nolan, Simon Planting, Jon Friedrichs, Alfonso Ponticelli, Kruno, Stephane Wrembel, Pearl Django, (and probably more) to southern Wisconsin!