DjangoBooks.com

The MINC speaks...

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited January 2005 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 589
Wow, only one day and many of the movers-and-shakers in our Gypsy Jazz community have already come on board.  This is great!  Thanks for your enthusiastic responses, particularly to the question about playin’ loud.

As the MINC--or Monitor in Chief of this section-- I’d like to offer some suggestions and share some work-in-progress ideas I have in mind.

First, in your membership info, please list your “location”. In this way, we can all have a nice overview of who’s doing what, where.  If you do not want to list your exact location (let's say you're a part of the witness protection program, ex-spouses, etc.), perhaps you could just list the state or country you live in.

Second, write meaningful subject titles to your messages.  It’s a lot easier to determine the exact strings Stochelo is using if you can refer to a posting entitled, “Stochelo’s strings” rather than one entitled “Re:hi.”  (And of course, we all know how important these string issues are!)

Finally, if you see a question from one of your fellow-posters, if you know the answer, give it to ‘em!  If the question looks like a good source for a new topic, move it over to a new thread with an appropriate subject title.  Nothing like an interesting question about how Django and the Hot Club positioned themselves in a recording studio getting lost in a thread about Playin’ Loud (hint, hint :wink:).

Here and there I get word about new websites, interviews, etc., and I will list them as ALERTS or SIGHTINGS. (Suggestion: At websites, be sure to check out the links, they can become a journey of their own.)

As the MINC, I’ll do my best to read the inputs everyday. Keeping the threads alive, however, will be up to you.  It may be called Archtop Eddy’s Corner, but it’s your world. Let us know what’s going on.

Well, back to the threads… Now to that question about how the Hot Club recorded in a studio, and how it does or doesn’t this apply to us today 70 years later.  Any thoughts, anyone?

A.E.