DjangoBooks.com

Describe the guitars you own, the nicest ones you've played

13»

Comments

• Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    The nicest I have played are - Gary Potters Aylward, beautiful,balanced and loud! It has since been stolen.
    I also loved a Hahl I tried in Franciose Charles shop it was a d hole maybe a Gitano. The finish on the top was quite thick but what a great tone! It was finished beautifully, smooth and clean if you get the chance to ty one of these.....
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    dennis wrote:

Michael, i don't think it's a dellarte, all the labels are there, and the guitar is pretty beat up, isn't the hommage fairly recent?

The Hommage model has been around 5-7 years I think.

Maybe it was a different guitar, but someone told me that Favino was actually an Hommage with Favino labels on it. Just a rumor I guess...

'm
  • Tom LandmanTom Landman Brooklyn, NY✭✭✭✭ 6 strings
    Rodrigo Shopis kindly brought his D'Artagnan prototype guitar to one of my gigs last week and let me play it for an entire set. I do agree, it has an awesome voice...and is so easy to play.

jmaszle wrote:
    One of the nicest guitars I've ever played was Rodrigo Shopis' Favino style guitar. I believe that Samson played it at Birdland. This guitar is awesome and has real mojo.

Jimmy
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    I currently own:

1. 1999 Shelley Park Spruce Encore w/Bigtone
    2. 2004 Dell Arte Cedar Hommage (completely unmodified/stock)

The nicest guitar I have ever played is Wawau Adlers Eimers Antique. I like it because its a little louder since it doesn't have finish. Also I loved the neck and action, which felt perfectly moderate (not to fat, not too thin).

I also like the recent DuPont MD-50s.
  • KoratKorat NetherlandsNew
    Bob Holo wrote:
    (some of the) Guitars I Own:

40's Busato
    Park Encore
    1938 Epiphone
    1919 Gibson L1

What I Play:

A Cedar topped Selmer style I made with which I became enamored because its sound reminds me of that youtube clip of Lollo Meier playing China Boy. (If you've never heard of Lollo Meier - check his work out - he focuses on the traditional QHCF style and his playing is so tasteful - and if you know what guitar he's playing - please tell me. I'm guessing it's a Joseph DiMauro Sr. based on the body outline, neck construction & headstock, but I thought Joseph Sr.'s petit bouches had those slightly triangular soundholes. Can anyone solve this mystery?

Best sounding guitar I've played:

Neil's Busato is definitely up there - a friend Jason's Busato is too - I've never heard them side by side.

It's a J di Mauro, you are correct.
    Lollo told me himself, showed it to me extensively and he allowed me to play on it. Currently he has exact replica's of this guitar made that you can purchase direct from him. Beautifully made, fantastic neck, sprayed on the inside, lighter bracing.
    I tried one of them, and hopefully one of these instuments will be my next guitar.

Kind regards
    Fred
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.