DjangoBooks.com

Review of my Collins and Dell Arte Pigalle

2»

Comments

• stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    Dennis: You give the Pigalle a 10 on Tone. Talking about tone is difficult of course, but could you take a stab characterizing the tone of the Pigalle? Can you compare it to a recorded sound we can reference?

Craig

Yes!... but doesn't it really depend on who is playing it!??
    and with the upmost respect!...we all REALLY know the 'tone' is in the hands of the player not the guitar don't we? :-)
    I'll never forget the time Tcha Limberger picked up my guitar and it sounded like....surprise surprise...Tcha Limberger!!!
    ...and what TONE!
    Its something we should all think about!!...its a beautiful mystery!
    Stu
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    we all REALLY know the 'tone' is in the hands of the player not the guitar don't we?
    I was afraid of that :?

Craig
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i agree that tone is in the fingers... at least 80 percent, although the last time i did the calculations it was more around 78.96 percent

anyway, i would describe the pigalle as being quite well rounded and almost "elastic-like" in tone, similar to angelo debarre's tone... keep in mind that it was strung with the wrong strings!\

the major downfall of the guitar is its price-tag, i believe it's designed as a budget guitar.... in my opinion, though it's the best dell arte i've ever played!!!

in any case, as i have stated , this is all MY opinion.... you might disagree.. try one for ypurself if you can!
  • KcoxKcox Montreal, QCNew
    Hey Dennis,

This has nothing to do with your guitar but your posts are sometimes conscientious almost to a fault...I would hazard to guess that some people reading your carefully constructed comments are tempted to think you are dancing around something, trying to hide. Sometimes when we are really careful not to say the wrong thing it can get conspicuous to the point where people suspect something there between the lines.

Unfortunately the internet is a haven of miscommunication. Don't take it personally.

Kevin
  • ViejoVatoViejoVato New
    hello all ....
    I just took delivery of my Collins and I could make some of the same comments that were posted earlier about cosmetic things ... but for me the tone (with a capital T) is there ... with a production Martin going for close to $2K I feel that Michael's guitars are fairly priced ...

again repeating several earlier posts .. caveat emptor ... try as many different types of guitar as you can, go to the Fests .. there are usually people who will let you hold/play their treasured boxes ... I actually skipped the plane,hotel,food bills of DFNE/DFNW last year to make the final payment on my Collins. I went on faith and comments from some here on the forum and have no regrets ...

Actually Michael is coming to DFSW on May 13 - 15th this year ... come on down and sample some for yourself ...

http://www.hotcluboftucson.com/DFSW/dfsw.htm

Cheers,
    miller
    "I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way"
    my granny 'Meme' Foster circa 1998 at age 102
    Django Jerry Jam - home grown GJ & Dead Ahead pickin'
    http://www.DjangoJerryJam.com