DjangoBooks.com

Guitar Trade

nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
edited December 2007 in Classifieds Posts: 274
I am interested in selling or trading for a Dupont or Selmer style guitar; see my previous posting for the 2003 Shelly Parks Montmartre for pictures. I am having another Favino model made soon, and I am in need of the strong Selmer tone to balance out my arsenal. Any interested parties can PM me or email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->. Thanks for any and all interest.

Comments

• waldenjazzwaldenjazz Thoreau, NMNew
    Hi Nick, how have you been? This is Robert Brochey, have you sold off the Manouche yet? I may know someone who wants it if you haven't. Take care, by the way, how did you like the Manouche in the final analysis??? You can send an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Robert
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    Hi Robert,
    Good to hear from you. I sent an email to you direct, but for the benefit of anyone who is interested, I'll recap a couple points on the Manouche guitars. First and foremost, you were exceptionally helpful and a wonderful guy to do business with, so if anyone is looking to deal with a knowledgeable and honest individual, start here. My Manouche model jazz was the second style of guitar which I purchased in the world of ****, the first is a Shelley Parks Montmartre. All the qualities that I like about the Favino model: the balance, dimensions and breathy tone make this guitar more versatile for other styles of music while retaining a gypsy edge and brightness for Gypsy Jazz. However, as there is no direct comparison to the Selmer style, here it goes. Speaking directly of the Manouche guitars: the tone is so strong, it has a powerful bark and the most driving chomp while chording that I have ever encountered. There is no need to try to coax anything out of the guitar when playing lead lines, the raspy gypsy sound is pouring out of the instrument. In a outdoor jam, or any place where I want to be heared without making any effort to be, the Selmer ( Manouche) is the ticket. I feel the fire of this music in the tone of this instrument, the campfires, the passion and the intensity. Likewise in the Favino style I hear the subtle beauty and restrained passion, a sophistication and charm that is also so much a part of Django's music. Well, Robert,I really do appreciate all your help, and in the end I think if you love this music, it's really best to own a guitar made in both the Selmer and Favino styles. Some days you want all the earthy bark you can get, and others, a more refined and classy approach.