DjangoBooks.com

Robin Nolan's Gypsy Jazz Licks books?

jimbol51jimbol51 New
edited February 2008 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 8
I have what I feel is a really stupid question concerning Robin Nolan's books. What exactly is the difference between his Gypsy Jazz Licks Volume 1 book and his Essential Gypsy Jazz Guitar Licks Volume 1 book? Thanks for the help! jim in San Diego

Comments

• I'm wondering the same thing. I have "Gypsy Jazz Licks Songbook Vol 1." Which is a beautiful book. The licks really rock. I'm assuming the "esssential licks" book is the same format, with different licks and songs. Or, I guess it could be the same licks, but different songs. Plus Nuages is in it twice.
  • pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    The first book has different tunes: Minor Swing, Djangology, Douce Ambience, Dark Eyes, and Sweet Georgia Brown.

The Essential GJ Licks book has a blues in C, a G minor blues, Daphne, Lady be Good, and (as stated) two versions of Nuages.

They're both good, but for whatever reason, I prefer the Essential GJ book.

-Paul
    Reject the null hypothesis.
  • Does "Essential GJ Licks" have the head melodies? The first book is a nice companion to The Gypsy Jazz Songbook and Play Along CD Volume 1 : Swing....same tunes