DjangoBooks.com

New Deluxe and Super Bigtone Pickups!

2»

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    yes...I know the importer. The one we get from him is just the standard bigtone which, as I mentioned earlier, doesn't perform as well as the Deluxe Bigtone or the Super Bigtone, both of which have better elements.

The term "bigtone" is used rather loosely as any Selmer style bridge with an piezo element mounted in it. There are many suppliers of elements...the guy in Germany is but one of them.

'm
  • CiganoCigano New
    Thanks for clearing that up.....Sounds like a very good concept. I'd like to hear some side by side examples of the pickups....Cheers!
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    If you're playing at more intimate volume levels or on stage with a PA a schertler rig is much nicer. But the Schertler will have feedback issues if you need to be really loud.

While using the Shertler pickup if you keep your guitars face oriented parallel to the Schertler amp speaker it will minimize the feedback...
  • asd123321asd123321 ✭✭✭✭
    It would be handy if a supplier of the elements could be found in southeast Asia so they don't cost as much. Is the bridge included in the price?