DjangoBooks.com

an absolutely amazing article on music and life.

2»

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    busking in a spot where people are just walking by isn't the best idea. it's better to busk where people are waiting, so that they can feel like they're getting their money's worth.

i like to busk for the people waiting to get into the public library before it opens. i get a big crowd that just sits there on the steps watching.
  • badjazzbadjazz Maui, Hawaii USA✭✭✭ AJL
    I have often been tempted to try busking in Waikiki, but those other guys are professionals and look mean! How do you guys handle competition?

It's likely a moot point anyway because there are often guys with drumsets that set up on the street who are so loud that they'd drown out any measley acoustic guitar.
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    djangology wrote:
    busking in a spot where people are just walking by isn't the best idea. it's better to busk where people are waiting, so that they can feel like they're getting their money's worth.

i like to busk for the people waiting to get into the public library before it opens. i get a big crowd that just sits there on the steps watching.

Fantastic. What songs do you play?
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    i'm trying to sell or trade my vielle reserve so that i get can get a guitar that's more suitable for busking..
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/