DjangoBooks.com

The Rosenberg Trio Back in USA at Djangofest !

Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
edited June 2008 in North America Posts: 246
About 10 years after they last played in the States, The Rosenberg Trio is very happy to come back and play at the DJANGOFEST NORTHWEST in september 2008 !!

The Trio will perform two concerts on two different days and Stochelo and Nous'che will also be doing a workshop on both days for those who want...

More info on the Rosenberg Trio's new stuff at the end of the corresponding post in Archtop Eddy's corner...
"There's no business like shoe business"

Comments

• FopaFopa San FranciscoNew
    Thats fantastic news. Will they be playing anywhere else in the States while they are over here ???
    -fopa
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    Hi Fopa, it was initially planned that San Francisco and LA would be visited too for a couple of dates, but the Trio already had a tight schedule right before/after Djangofest, and needed to be back in Europe too soon for that.
    It is likely that Djangofest will be the only US stop for 2008.

But let's not look at the dark side of life only, my little finger tells me it won't be another ten years before they come back again...
    The Djangofest NW web site still doesn't have the Rosenberg Trio listed on the schedual. Does anyone know which days, or shows, they will be playing?
    -fopa
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    Actually the Schedule doesn't have anything listed , does it ?
    Whoops! Right you are. I was looking at last years schedual.
    -fopa
  • swingitjackswingitjack Boise, IdahoNew
    Does anyone know if they are going to hire a professional live sound crew this year, as the tickets are rather spendy.

-mb
  • richdaiglerichdaigle SLC,UT✭✭✭✭
    I second the professional sound man idea...you can trash 30 years of Gypsy chop honing with a crappy soundman...should be illegal.

Also any know when the tickets go on sale to us "non-members"??

RD

To Anyone who's trekking up through, my trio will be stopping in Boise ID 9/24 and playing at Satchel's Grill...6:30pm - 9pm