DjangoBooks.com

Stephane with a guitar

SigurdSigurd Copenhagen, DenmarkNew
edited March 2008 in Photos Posts: 69
For a few months ago I came across a picture of Django and Grappelli, where Stephane is playing Django's guitar, and Django is holding his hands over his ears. Haven't been able to find it again and that's a shame because it's a really cool picture. Does someone know what picture I'm talking about?

Comments

• Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    Sigurd wrote:
    For a few months ago I came across a picture of Django and Grappelli, where Stephane is playing Django's guitar, and Django is holding his hands over his ears. Haven't been able to find it again and that's a shame because it's a really cool picture. Does someone know what picture I'm talking about?
    No.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Yes, I've seen it but I can't remember where. Maybe in Dregni's book. If I come across it I'll post.
  • SigurdSigurd Copenhagen, DenmarkNew
    I love that picture :D
  • gatsbygatsby United States✭✭✭✭
    Nice pic !
    Here is another taken at the same time:-
  • A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    Patrus53 (Canadian I believe) used to have a website years ago with just about every photo of DR on it.
    I wonder what ever happened to it (him)...
    A.K.
  • KlezmorimKlezmorim South Carolina, USANew
    Patrus53 (Canadian I believe) used to have a website years ago with just about every photo of DR on it.
    A.K.

You could try to contact him through his YouTube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/patrus53

It appears, though, that he hasn't logged in for nearly a year.
    A.K.
    His server let him down and he transferred some of them to the Djangostation web site. There are many other Django photos that were not on either site though.

Patrus and I are still avid collectors of Django photos and between us, we have over 400 - many of which are very rare and some that have never been published.
    That second pic, I believe, is definitive proof of Django's revolutionary "thumb-tapping" technique that was later appropriated by Eddie Van Halen (it is widely known that Dutch-born guitarist is superstitious about thumbs, which explains why he uses his index finger while finger-tapping).
  • SigurdSigurd Copenhagen, DenmarkNew
    The first time I smoked, I belive i held the cigarette just like stephane is doing in that picture, or perhaps it is a huge wegen pick???