DjangoBooks.com

Vid : Rosenberg Trio/Koen de Cauter march 29, Gent, Belgium

Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
edited March 2008 in Welcome Posts: 246
Hi everyone,
I took a little trip to Belgium this saturday to film this :

For those not discouraged by a long french text, check out the full story behind, featuring soccer fans, burned CDs, old guitars, Fapy, more soccer fans and other stuff, in no particular order... :)
here : http://www.manoucheries.com/phpBB2/view ... hp?t=10461

Here's another one- well, another two-in-one... Minor Swing and Swing 42, near the end of the show, and the audience in between the two numbers gives a good Idea of the atmosphere... Boiling hot !

Enjoy !
"There's no business like shoe business"

Comments

Cool! Thanks for putting that up! Love to hear GJ with vox. 8)
  • SigurdSigurd Copenhagen, DenmarkNew
    I'm uploading another vid from the same gig... available soon.
    Looking forward to it!

BTW It's possible I'm going to move to netherland in a few years so I guess there will be many chances for me to hear this wonderful music (That is if I'm going)

Isn't the Rosenberg family from Netherland or am I wrong?
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    You're right.
    Stochelo, Nous'che, Nonnie, Jimmy, Mozes, Johnny... All these Rosenbergs in one same country :) And there are many others !
  • SigurdSigurd Copenhagen, DenmarkNew
    Stochelo, Nous'che, Nonnie, Jimmy, Mozes, Johnny... All these Rosenbergs in one same country :) And there are many others !

Now I really want to go! Jimmy is my favourite player next to Django. I know many people consider him a "speed-freak" but in my opinion he's just great. He's got a tone and a rhytmic sense that few others can compete with. Just listen to Noto swing from the Jimmy Rosenberg Trio album! Simply Amazing :)
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    I edited the first post of the thread to add the second vid.

The Trio will play in Paris next Monday with Tim Kliphuis, I'll be filming it too... And this time it's going to be wilder than wild, as they have Invited some of their friends to join in... I count one, two, three, four, five, very likely to be there, and if everyone is present there'll be more than 10 of our best players there...
  • richdaiglerichdaigle SLC,UT✭✭✭✭
    keep up the great film works!