DjangoBooks.com

Has anyone found a imported Dell' Arte DG-H1 or DG-P1?

2»

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Mine seems to be 1 13/16"...I really love the neck on this guitar, not just the size but the shape too; it plays so easily.

I don't know about JJ's pickup--doesn't he use one of the Schertlers? He's always had a good sound when I've seen him live; I think he was using both Schertler pickups and amps, which are a good pair. I've never tried them myself only because I know attaching and detaching the pickup for every gig is more work than I want to do. Michael has a lot of experience with them, though, and I'm sure he can offer a good opinion.

best,
    Jack.
  • smilinjacksmilinjack The Wilds of Borneo & The Vineyards of BordeauxNew
    Thanks Jack,
    Yeah, that's the problem buying these pieces sight unseen.
    If your's measures as you say, I'm wondering about the Gitane which is about $200 Cheaper.
    Any thought on that line?
    By the way, as I'm not on this forum much, who is the Michael you are referring to?
    By the way, My Daughter is finishing her B.S. in sound engineering at Emerson this fall.
    Maybe I can catch one of your gigs on a visit there!
    Hope all is well!

Jack
    "You Can Walk Around this Town Without Brains. . . But You Can't Walk Around Without Money!"
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jack,

My experience with Gitanes has been mixed...some were great, some not so much. I hear really good things about the Stephane Wrembel model. Most seem to require extensive setup work to play their best.

Michael is Michael Horowitz, the founder of Djangobooks. Great guy, author of a bunch of great books, marginally handsome.

best,
    Jack.