DjangoBooks.com

long winded newbie questions

frank sumatrafrank sumatra .sgNew
edited May 2008 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 7
Just getting into Gypsy Jazz, and I am looking to get my first Manouche guitar. There aren't too many out here, Sagas and some unknown brands that just don't speak to me. Anyways, I think that I prefer the petit bouche and was wondering if anyone rates the Cigano GJ-10, it is the most affordable out here that I liked - and would I need to change out the tuners or the bridge?

Also would a jumbo or dreadnought case or gigbag work to protect it?

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I haven't tried the Ciganos myself but I believe they are the best option for that price, I'd personally go for a D-hole, because they seem to be more consistent and powerful. You'll probably also enjoy the shorter scale feel.

I 'd say order from this site and get a custom bridge along with a gigbag, sounds like you already have one but I get a new one anyway, I wouldn't want it to ship without that protection. The tuners should work good enough...
    You might want to ask for a clear pickguard installed too as it will minimize pick scratches and make the guitar retain more value if you ever want to sell it.
    Good luck!