DjangoBooks.com

I keep listening to this...

2»

Comments

• MontereyJacquesMontereyJacques ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011 Posts: 81
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew

I've been listening to Oscar Peterson for 30 years, what's your point? That there are GREAT jazz musicians who can play the blues? WELL FREAKIN' DUH!!! Guess what? I even own some George Benson albums. Too bad it isn't relevant to the subject, which happens to be guitar players one runs into, the vast majority of those of whom play jazz can't play the blues for shit. Don't ask me why, it is just a common fact among the musicians one runs into from day to day, and I've known plenty.

OK? This has got to be the most PEDANTIC forum on the net!!!
  • MontereyJacquesMontereyJacques ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011 Posts: 81
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Jack, you're the second guy in the past week who has mentioned Raffali in glowing terms. I really need to get some of his stuff - I don't have a single CD of his. I can't remember whether it was Pete Krebs or Mike Burdette. Both just came back from Europe with stories of jaw dropping gypsy jazz happening in little clubs and high praise for what they saw and heard over there. Pete was there on tour so he and David & Keith had instruments with them and did a lot of jamming and absolutely loved it.

Damn! I need to get on a plane and go immerse myself in that for a while. I don't really have the chops to jam with those guys yet, but could at least absorb some of that great music.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    Elliot wrote:
    Too bad it isn't relevant to the subject, which happens to be guitar players one runs into, the vast majority of those of whom play jazz can't play the blues for shit. Don't ask me why, it is just a common fact among the musicians one runs into from day to day, and I've known plenty.

Wow another really stupid post by the forums resident moron.

Lucky for George Benson, even morons buy his recordings.

BTW, my experience has been that truly good guitarists rarely criticize the playing of other players, but truly shitty guitarists are the biggest critics out there. :lol:
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass