DjangoBooks.com

Robin Nolan Trio in Philly, June 8th

Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
edited June 2008 in North America Posts: 1,002
Anyone in the Philadelphia area this weekend wont want to miss the Giants of Gypsy Jazz Pt II, featuring the Robin Nolan Trio, and the Hot Club of Philadelphia at the World Cafe. These two standout bands will be teaming up for an evening of Gypsy Swing. This is Robin's first trip to the Philadelphia area. Robin is doing a few gigs prior to his appearance at Django in June. For those who haven't been there, the World Cafe is an great venue, and has been supporting gypsy jazz for some time.

The Hot Club Philly are opening after a sellout show at the WC with John Jorgenson earlier this year. The show starts at 8:00, tickets are $15.00. You can also call and reserve a table. The World Cafe is located at 3025 Walnut Street in Philadelphia. Anyone interested intickets can call 215.222.1400 or vist www.WorldCafeLive.com.

The Jorenson show at the WC was fantastic, and the RNT should be every bit as good. Hope to see you there.
I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.