DjangoBooks.com

Shopping spree

drollingdrolling New
edited May 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 153
Don't get around much anymore, but I was so universally choked about the chunk I took out of my Ninine Garcia CD in a fit of uncharacteristically exuberant disc shuffling that I had to take the bus and go downtown.

Picked up 'rendez-vous' by Blanchard & Schmitt, Rodolphe Raffalli's 'Gypsy Swing Guitar', the Titi Demeter Trio's inventively titled 'Jazz Manouche' and 'La Poupa' by Am Ketenes Swing....I can almost unflinchingly recommend them all.

Listened to the new Christain Escoude - also really nice in the modren style and on the way out my eye was caught by "33 1/3" by Frank & Joe, so I picked that up as well. While not GJ by a long stretch, it's nonetheless a good listen. Vignola's vibrato does have a certain european pungency and special guest Dr. John the Night Tripper acquits himself admirably on "Sheik of Araby".

This once great city dies a little more each year, but at least I can still get some good records here. Now picks and strings are another matter entirely...