DjangoBooks.com

Django in June review

2»

Comments

• andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Bob, I think I found your camera and I'll trade it for your guitar. After all, these are priceless images.
    :twisted:
    Thanks to all for the kind comments here and for coming out to Django in June. It's a pleasure and a privilege to serve such a wonderful community of folks. You are, after all, the event.

Let's do it again, shall we?

~Andrew
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Priceless images ;) true... true...

I hope you get some rest in the next few days. You deserve it. You don't make a big fuss about the amount of work you do for this, but it is noticed and appreciated. I hereby award you the "Kevin McHale" award for being the hardest working man behind the scenes. (Yes, I was a rabid Celtics fan back in the day - not always a popular thing living on this coast)

So - by the way. I'm sure there will be a lot of youtubing of guitars from DJIJ, but I wanted to make sure we all heard the Selmer played at DJIJ... yes, there was a Selmer... not a guitar, but a beautiful Mark6 tenor saxophone fitted with a Berg Larson mouthpiece and played masterfully by Cedric of the Zaiti Ensemble. This was the intro to Cherokee, the song which ended their first set. This passed on to me by a friend who knows I used to be a horn player (thanks much, man!)

Michael - any chance of getting in their album?
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • vmollovvmollov Pittsburgh, PANew
    Hey guys,
    Does anyone have a video recording of the Friday night concert? I can only find Robin's part on YouTube. I wanted to use some of that material for learning purposes.
    Thanks.

Vlado
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Vladimir--

Mosche Schuster was recording the Friday show. I have been meaning to ask him how it came out. Let me see what I can find out for you.

Michael
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.