DjangoBooks.com

Which software to create lead sheets ?

Matthias LenzMatthias Lenz Lucklum, GermanyNew
edited July 2008 in Repertoire Posts: 101
Hi folks,

I looked up a transcription of "Valse Bamboula" that Barengero posted (Forum : Welcome, Topic : Looking for waltzes). I really like the layout, and it looks similar to the layout of the lead sheets that you can download on the "Django in June" website.

Does anyone know what software has been used to create these sheets ?

Thanks in forward,

Matthias

Comments

• Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    I am not an expert in this, but it looks like it's been done in Sibellius or Finale. But I can't tell which. People have usually different background, and some of us like one of the other better for various reasons... make up your own mind with the demo versions. But overall, they both give similar kind of result.
    It seems that Sibellius is more popular in Europe, and that Berkeley folks use more Finale...
    I know some people who use Sibellius G7, and are verry happy about it. I use Finale Printmusic, and it's very satisfaying. Look bellow I posted Vette and Echoes of France using this software.

Also, if you don't want to spend any money in it, you might want to take a look at the Finale Notepad. It a free software that really can do a lot for that price !!!
    - JG
  • Matthias LenzMatthias Lenz Lucklum, GermanyNew
    Joli Gadjo wrote:
    Look bellow I posted Vette and Echoes of France using this software.

Thanks for your response.

Could it be you forgot to attach the posts after writing the reply ? Anyway, I´ll check out the Finale Notepad for now...thx again
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Nope, I meant below on the repertoire section. It's under a different subject.
    - JG
  • Matthias LenzMatthias Lenz Lucklum, GermanyNew
    Yepp, found them...

they look very nice indeed...thanx again

best wishes

-Matthias