DjangoBooks.com

Any way to mount a humbucker in a D-hole?

13»

Comments

• Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Constantine:

Thanks for the post of clips and pics. The D-hole clip sounds fairly "electric". I prefer the sound you are getting from the oval hole. Sounds like it would be worth a try.

Thanks for the pic on the oval hole. So when you glue the pickup in it is fairly permanent eh? Any thoughts on a removable attachment method?

Thanks!

Craig
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Thats a good point about the first sample on the D-hole sounding electric. The odd thisng is that it sounds much, much more acoustic thru my PA and more true to the actual tone like in the 2nd sample. The important thing to note is that you get different results when using different amps/pickup combinations. I will try to re-record the d-hole and see if I can get a drier sound.
    So a few days ago I picked up a Kent Armstrong humbucker from a local store (it was half off!!!!!!!!!). I had it installed, and it took about six hours and a lot of frustration, but now it's all set up, and it sounds great. I've been playing it through a little Marshall combo, and I'm getting a tone like Frank Vignola. Very happy with it.