DjangoBooks.com

For Sale: Michael Collins Petite Bouche

2»

Comments

• A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    Still got the Maple Anouman?
  • KlezmorimKlezmorim South Carolina, USANew
    Actually Klez 1 of every 36500 here in Buffalo is a gypsy jazz player. 1 of 2 is a beef on weck eater.

C

Yes, but are they eating *GOOD* beef on weck? 8)

Down here in the Carolinas, everybody "loves" Buffalo wings. Oy Gvalt! The local fare makes me gag. Too vinegary... or too sweet... or too salty... or too peppery. Feh! These are not "Buffalo Wings"... Period.

The other week I finally gave in and whipped up 5 lbs of wings for some friends' pool party. I added the "so-secret-you-can-only-find-it-on-the-Internet" Anchor Bar sauce recipe (which I learned as a kid, already) and you shoulda seen the look of delight on the nosher's faces.

I went to the WC for a pit-stop and when I returned 5 minutes later the wings WERE GONE! All of them! One buddy was pouring my remaining sauce over fried chicken!! (Actually, I have to admire his resourcefulness....)

Now, if I had a good financial backer, I'd show these Suthnuh's the joys of "beef on weck."

And if I had REALLY GOOD financial backing (Hint! Hint!) I'd bring "our" food to Samois next year to compete with that barely edible paella I hear complaints about....

Go Sabres! :wink::wink::wink:
  • stumanchustumanchu Buffalo, N.Y.New
    Hey Klez,

That's a great story--that wing sauce is killer. Keep on whipping them up and you just may find your financial backer!

Oh yeah, the food here's still good.

Be well,
    Stu
    "All those who are unhappy in the world are so as a result of the desire for their own happiness. All those who are happy in the world are so as a result of the desire for the happines of others" -Shantideva
  • stumanchustumanchu Buffalo, N.Y.New
    Still got the Maple Anouman?

Yep! I call him "Smokey" :D

Last night we (Babik) played our biggest show yet--"thursday in the Square" in downtown buffalo. There's always a national act headlining and we were the opener for "Spirit of the West". About 10-15,000 people show up to these concerts! t wa sa blast.

the guitar is great, and I'm really enjoying it. Our new CD will be released on 10.18.08 Just gotta finish mixing and mastering it. Some rough mix samples are up at www.babikjazz.com and www.myspace.com/babikjazz

Hope all is well with you out in Tuscon. Hope we get out there someday!

Be well,
    Stu
    "All those who are unhappy in the world are so as a result of the desire for their own happiness. All those who are happy in the world are so as a result of the desire for the happines of others" -Shantideva