DjangoBooks.com

Parfum?

edited May 2005 in Unaccompanied Django Posts: 27
I can play this one pretty well for the most part, but there're a couple of licks that just have me beat. The first is that chromatic/Eb arp type lick - which itsef is fast enough - and then there's the one near the end, which follows the E major chord :shock:

I can sort of contemplate reaching the speed of the first one(some day), but that second one!!! Dang that's quick :shock:

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Variations of that last spanish/flamenco lick in Parfum was used by Django a lot. It also shows up in the playing of many contemporary Gypsies like Stochelo, Bireli, etc. It's easier then it seems...you'll get it going pretty fast if you use the fingering and picking i have in the book.

Good luck!

'm
    Variations of that last spanish/flamenco lick in Parfum was used by Django a lot. It also shows up in the playing of many contemporary Gypsies like Stochelo, Bireli, etc. It's easier then it seems...you'll get it going pretty fast if you use the fingering and picking i have in the book.

Good luck!

'm

Yeah. I was never that fast to begin with(before changing to gypsy picking) so I guess it's just gonna take a while. The rest of the piece is very enjoyable to play though :D