DjangoBooks.com

Marcel LOEFFLER

François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
edited January 2013 in Accordion Posts: 294
There is new site dedicated to Marcel LOEFFLER with some music sheets of some of the tunes composed by Marcel :

http://www.marcel-loeffler.com/index.html

Best regards

François RAVEZ

Comments

• LoritmoLoritmo Pacific NW✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link. I just heard his "Numero 13" on CBC and went searching for it. Your link came just in time. "Swing Suspens" is also wonderful.

Lorretta
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    thanks a lot
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    as far as i can see, there's no obvious link to the partitions from the main pages,
    but there are 4 pdf files still available here:

http://www.marcel-loeffler.com/Partitions/index.html

-A-

plus a bonus, not listed ??
    www.marcel-loeffler.com/Partitions/TANGO_RETROUVE.pdf
  • LoritmoLoritmo Pacific NW✭✭✭
    Thanks, Andy, for the new link. I had tried to find Numero 13 and Swing Suspens again about six months ago and couldn't find them -- I'd really love to learn those two songs in particular. The tango looks interesting also.

Have you conquered the new instrument yet?

Lorretta
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    Loritmo wrote:
    Thanks, Andy, for the new link. I had tried to find Numero 13 and Swing Suspens again about six months ago and couldn't find them -- I'd really love to learn those two songs in particular. The tango looks interesting also.

Have you conquered the new instrument yet?

Lorretta

Hi Loretta :-)
    Forum member Weechimpy lent me two Marcel Loeffler's "Source Manouche" and "Hommage", which I'm loving.
    Luckily, I can read treble clef pretty well ,and remember a little bass clef, from my schoolboy piano days, so I'm getting there, working through an old fingerings for piano scales book and some Murena & Viseur waltzes, trying to get the bass & chords smooth, and fighting the temptation to buy a CBA. [..if I buy more stuff, I'll be a better player, right ? ].

I hope I can get close to the CBA-playing Loeffleur sound on piano accordion, interesting that he doesn't use the bass-side when with the band, I think......

-A-
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Is he any relation to Yorgui?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    "Yorgui Loeffler is a distant cousin of Bireli Lagrene and is also a
    distant relative of accordionist Marcel Loeffler"

from http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorgui_Loeffler

-A-