DjangoBooks.com

"Why" re: same chord, two names

13»

Comments

• bryanologybryanology Los Angeles, CANew
    I second the odd lead sheet comment by Jazzaferri. That's a great point. Can't always trust that lead sheets will have the chords functioning correctly, that might add to a lot of the chord name confusion stuff.
    Also it makes theory seem more daunting because tunes use different chord names one chart to the next, when its just extensions inverted into new chord names.
    maybe because now with a midi keyboard and finale/protools you can play a few chord changes and print out a lead sheet, but the computer mixes up the chords when piano players use bass notes, or something. Then melody notes won't agree with the chord. Maybe I played classical for too long but, I don't like to read Ab on the staff when I'm thinking/hearing E7. I've had both problems with piano guys and their original stuff, they'll never notice it cause they're not reading the chart for their own song.