DjangoBooks.com

2009 Gypsy Jazz Calendar

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
edited March 2009 in Photos Posts: 765
OK so here's a bit of self-promotion, my 2009 Gypsy Jazz Calendar is now available here at the Djangobooks store!

I have made a Gypsy Jazz calendar for 2009 which has 12 photos of
different Gypsy Jazz musicians. All the photographs are my original photographs taken at various concerts that I attended. I thought I do this for this year and see what the interest level is as I did one for myself to brighten up the old office.

The musicians in the calendar include: Fapy Lafertin, Dorado & Samson Schmitt, Angelo Debarre, Andreas Oberg, Lollo Meier, Neil Andersson & Patrick Saussois, Stochelo Rosenberg, Tchavolo Schmitt, Paulus Schafer, Robin Nolan, Elios & Boulou Ferre and Gary Potter.

I gave Stochelo his calendar at this year's DFNW and he really liked it! :D

A few of my photos have appeared in Colin Cosimini's chord books.

Here's a sample of the calendar...hope you enjoy, Cheers Phil

Comments

• RickRick Portland, Or.New
    Phil- Thanks so much for the Calendar. It looks great. New inspiration every month. Well done.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Looks familar... like the one hanging above my bench... Nice work Phil, and my wife approves of this one much more than the one I used to have... though I do miss Miss January... I think Fapy would miss her too... but now Fapy is here to watch over me and tell me when the frets are level and the varnish is dry ;-)

This is a really great & innovative way to share your experiences at these festivals with the rest of us.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Rick & Bob - cheers thanks for the feedback and for supporting the calendars. ...Bob, I'm glad that Fapy is watching over you...at least for January! ...I shipped a calendar to him and others in the calendar last week.
    Cheers 'n' beers - Phil
  • NolanNolan Amsterdam✭✭✭✭
    Phil i got the calendar today - smashing!

I'm proud to be Mr.October!

cheers,

robin

www.myspace.com/robinnolan

www.twitter.com/robinnolan
    www.GypsyJazzSecrets.com
    www.Gypsyjazzworldpassport.com
    Happy December! Only a handful of calendars left...get 'em while you can as 2009 is right around the corner! Will Santa be bringing one down your chimney?

Cheers and happy holiday season to all! Phil :D
    Hi All - only 1 week left before the end of the year...be sure to get your 2009 GJ calendar before it's too late...thanks all who've supported this venture...I know the calendars are a bit pricey, but I only ran a small batch to see how they'd sell... for next year, if there's interest, I can cut the price a lot, by making more and I have more original photos in line for next year's calendar.

Happy Holidays to all and a great New Year!

Cheers

Phil
    Hi All - I have only a few remaining calendars left for sale. I'm selling the rest at 50% off + shipping...the price is now $10 + shipping. (In the continental US shipping is approx $2).

I have hundreds of photos that I've taken over the years, some of which I've been considering for a 2010 GJ calendar, but I'm not sure yet whether to make one for next year, due to the surprising lack of interest in the 2009 calendar. I think this was due to couple of things: the price was too high + the poor economic times. Feedback on this issue or suggestions for improvement are welcome.

*Please contact me directly, by PM, if you wish to purchase a discounted calendar,

Cheers and thanks to all who have supported this venture. One of the greatest joys with this project is that legendary Fapy contacted me to request a calendar and it was my great pleasure to be able to send him one!

Phil
    Also...I'll trade a calendar for a Ford Cortina 1600E from 1967 :D
  • neillneill portland ,englandNew
    Hi Phil, I don't know how much interest you had in England but my wife was going to get me one but was put off by the shipping price... if you do a 2010 one any chance some could be available in England somehow?