DjangoBooks.com

The book!

Swing 69Swing 69 ScotlandNew
edited March 2009 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 81
Just a wee post to say thanks on behalf of the Dadnlaw. I believe Kenny ordered the Gypsy Rhythm book the other day/week there and it has arrived UK mainland (Scotland) already. I got the phone call tonight.
So after the life changing experience that was Gypsy picking I shall be entrusted with the new testament soon I should think.
In all seriousness, Gypsy picking is the only instructional book I have ever actually, cover to cover, methodically completed. It has, by far, seen me reap the most rewards from a single book yet. ( some 2.5 3 years ago now)
Alternate picking?? I couldn't do it now I don't think if I tried.
Anyway. I am looking forward to getting my hands on it at some point soon, devouring it, ingesting it, cutting out the bad (in my rhythm) and bringing on some new. I'm sure,... no I'm positive it will.

Cheers !.

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Wow, thanks for the kind words! Enjoy the rhythm book...

-Michael
  • Swing 69Swing 69 ScotlandNew
    I'm sure I will Michael!

I have the unaccompanied book here too!, however I'm trying just now to transcribe everything, using transcribe software. I figure if it's worked ( so evidently well) for Bireli, Stochelo etc and my main man Tchavolo ( he just brings a huge smile to my face) then it's the way to go. (or try and go).
    I've actually found it as quick as learning from tab etc, it just seems more time consuming.
    I'm working on rhythm more just now anyway as I've started playing with a little hotclub over here so I run through a few waltz's to keep the fingers moving but other than that I'm trying to get the tune/repertoire/ foundation down and do the transcribe thing in the attempt to help my improv.
    The Rhythm book is different in that I'm in the position so many are, where whatever the style of rhythm handed down, it unfortunately wasn't handed down to me.
    You merge the void. Merci.
    Thanks again.

Cheers.