DjangoBooks.com

september song

JohanJohan Oslo, NorwayNew
edited April 2009 in Repertoire Posts: 40
Hi

I cant seem to make anything out of the chord charts on different repertoire internet sites. Can anyone help. Ive just got a musician on mandolin in my group and a really like vignola/nolan&cos take on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzSQTPlTfS0
Band up and running! Finaly!

Comments

This one is fairly straight ahead ...

http://www.ralphpatt.com/VB/s6.html

Killer youtube version by the way. 8)
  • JohanJohan Oslo, NorwayNew
    Yeah. Thanks!
    Could be something wrong with my ears today but does'nt vignola and nolan play it differently?

Anyway have anyone heard the cd that youtube clip is from? Seems like a killer lineup!

Johan
    Band up and running! Finaly!
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    You could try this one. Pretty similar, but a different key. I think treating the first chord as the IV makes more sense than the way Patt has it.

september_song.gif
    Johan wrote:
    Yeah. Thanks!
    Could be something wrong with my ears today but does'nt vignola and nolan play it differently?

Anyway have anyone heard the cd that youtube clip is from? Seems like a killer lineup!

Johan

I didn't check it against the vid.

I think that chart is fairly similar to the Real Book, but I haven't checked that one either in a while. I do this tune in my solo sets in Bb and I usually start on the Bb with the initial line for one bar and then to Bbm6 and then Ebm then back to Bb.

It works for me and to my ears it sounds like Dutronc's version ... though I haven't transcribed that one either.