DjangoBooks.com

HELP edges of frets sticking out

2»

Comments

• Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
    Good to hear,
    In my neck of the woods, (NorthernAlberta,Canada) the temperature ranges from +35c to -50c during the year, as well as very low humidity. Humidifiers are a must!!! My Larrivee L-05 had a crack in the back as well as the bridge lifting ,buzzing, and countless other problems before I clued in to humidifiers. I thought it was a load of horseshit at first, but I have to admit, it's for real !!!
    I use a Kyser soundhole humidifier for the L-05, and a Planet waves for the Gitane. I also have room humidifiers throughout the house.
    Good luck!!!
    Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco
  • richdaiglerichdaigle SLC,UT✭✭✭✭
    Yeah out here we call it "the Utah effect" when guitars get here from Malaysia, Korea etc. and hit the extremely dry arid climate they shrink and in some cases it's pretty extreme. (FRET END RAZOR BLADES) Most have to be filed if they will be staying in the area, unless you have a walk in or guitar sized humidor...
    in-case humidifiers are bone dry in approx 2 days...full time job if you have a small collection of guitars!

rd