BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
edited May 2009 in Welcome Posts: 1,379
I just found these, enjoy!

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Enrique,

Thanks for posting. I like Adrien Moignard best in a live trio format, great stuff.

Craig
  • V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
    Benoit Convert is amazing too! I also just found out he now plays in Les Doigts De L'Homme. Their last album is probably the weirdest thing I've ever heard, but it's great.
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    thqt hungaria is great..

what is he using - scales ?
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Man I feel like a real jerk askling this, and I know that the minute someone replys I am going to kick myself in the ass, but what is the name of the tune in the second video? I know, I know what it is. It is on the tip of my tounge and I can't remember it. can some just post the name? Killin version of it whatever it is and the other tunes as well. Alex tht is a bad ass version of Hungaria. Adrien is really one of my favorite players right now.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • steven_eiresteven_eire Wicklow✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    it's dinette.
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Thank you!!!!! jeez that was killing me! I learned it while ago time to revisit it.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
    a wrote:
    thqt hungaria is great..

what is he using - scales ?
    Adrien and a lot of the young guys in France use scales more than the traditionalists, they also seem to emphasize more the "jazz" on "gypsy jazz" and go for a purer form of improvisation rather than relying on licks. Extensive use of more modern sounds is one of their trademarks, they follow Bireli as much or even more than Django, with a lot of Wes, Benson, Cpltrane, etc. influence.

Mind blowing really how good these guys are and very young too.
    Would you say that a lot of young French players use the more alsace rhythm--pompe four--compared to the more traditional dutch style la pompe? What style would you describe in this video?

In these videos, to me, the upstroke isn't really present and I hear a more "boom" "chick" kinda rhythm. It's a little crisper and I think in the trio format it breathes better for the soloist. However, the pompe four doesn't really thicken the sound up like traditional.