DjangoBooks.com

Lovin the Wegen!!!

Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
Finally got my Wegen last week (Thanks Mr. Horowitz!!) and I absolutely love it!!! What an awesome little pick!!! Believe the hype!!
Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco

Comments

• Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    They do make the difference.

My GF and I discovered them in a shop in San Diego a few months back (Buffalo Bros for those in the know). I had heard about them, but never tried them. Grabbing a Dell'Arte, I went between my "regular" pick (Fender 358 heavy) and the Wegen while Jill listened from 5-10 feet away. I could tell it was louder, and rounder on the bass strings. I asked her if it made a difference, and she said yes. I asked her if it made $20 worth of difference, and again, she said yes. So we bought it and took turns until we were able to get another one. We now have "his & hers" Wegens, one black and one white. She hides her pick from me, as I am notorious for losing picks. Of course, I take a little more care with this one!
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
    The set of Argie's I got with my order,go on at the next string change. I' dying to see how those sound!!!
    You don't still have the stock strings on your 255, do you?

Which Argentine set did you get? I'm running 11's, but they feel really easy and light, almost like 10's on the Tele
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Tele295 wrote:
    We now have "his & hers" Wegens, one black and one white.

Which did you end up with? I ask because I was looking at my bandmate's white Wegen tonight; it was on his knee while he fingerpicked, and that thing was NASTY! All the accumulated grime in the grooves really stands out on the white ones--but they are easier to find if one goes flying in a club...

best,
    Jack.
    Oh god no!!!
    I've had about 8-10 string changes since Christmas!!! Pearse "Nuages" and a few Daddario sets. I got a 0.10 set of the Argies btw.
    I agree with the White pick grime too. But what a pick!!!
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Jack wrote:
    Tele295 wrote:

and that thing was NASTY!

Yeah man I still have the first two white wegen twins I bought years ago and those things are crazy looking!

easy
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
    Jack wrote:
    Tele295 wrote:

Which did you end up with? I ask because I was looking at my bandmate's white Wegen tonight; it was on his knee while he fingerpicked, and that thing was NASTY! All the accumulated grime in the grooves really stands out on the white ones--but they are easier to find if one goes flying in a club...

best,
    Jack.

Hers is the black one and mine is white. Yes, the grime is nasty - I go after it with a toothbrush when I am bored. However, I wouldn't think of switching to a $20 pick I can't find on the floor. I've only used white picks for many years for that reason
    Did you get one on Josh's bridges?? If so ,how did you like it??