DjangoBooks.com

WTB used Gitane DG-255

gumby705gumby705 Mount Dora, Florida✭✭
edited May 2009 in Classifieds Posts: 27
Would like to buy a fair priced used Gitane DG-255 or other similar priced used petite bouche. Would consider a used Gitane DG-250.
A shop worn or scratch and dent new instrument also considered.
Normal play wear acceptable, but would like to avoid a cracked instrument. Please email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Comments

• gumby705gumby705 Mount Dora, Florida✭✭
    I found a Gitane DG 255 at a good price however friends are looking to get into Gypsy Jazz. Keep me posted for them as well.
  • HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    May I suggest keeping an eye open for a DG-250M, the maple 1942 Selmer type guitar, as well? I recently picked up a beautiful used one, and after fussing with the neck relief, shimming the bridge , and routing out the inside original bridge, I ended up with a fabulous guitar.
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    I have a 250-M that I put a Dupont bridge on and like quite a bit.
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • gumby705gumby705 Mount Dora, Florida✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. The DG-250 M is a good guitar but please forgive me for being somewhat of purist. I wanted something close to the original Maccaferri dimensions for students and wanted to pair it sound /volume wise with the DG-500.
    The DG 250-M is loud and possibly too loud to pair with the DG-500.

I have purchased a DG-255 but will be recommending the DG-250M to my friends who might be interested in learning Gypsy Jazz.
    The only problem has been how to lead friends to Gypsy Jazz. Some appear closed minded about a different style of playing or too psyched out by the agility of some of the known performers. I am trying to convince them, with the right learning material, the right instrument, the right pick and a little patience and practice they can sound good.
    They do not need to be another Bireli Lagrene to sound good, just be true to the music.

I guess with all this additional information, this post now needs to be in another forum section.