DjangoBooks.com

Gitane D-500 and various other stuff for sale

Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
edited June 2009 in Classifieds Posts: 1,002
For sale: Gitane D-500 formerly owned and played by Lou Reed guitarist Bob Quine. Documentation included. In near perfect condition. Very loud and with better tone than most D-500's I have heard or played. I played a number of Bob's GJ guitars, and this was my favorite. $450. Pics attached.

There are better pics in another thread, but I don't know hopw to link to it. Use "Quine" as a forum search and it will come up.

I am also selling some non-GJ guitars. All this is to finance the purchase of a vintage GJ guitar. I don't want to clutter up the forum with non-GJ stuff, so send me a pm and I will send you particulars and pics. Other items offered and asking prices are: Gibson Faded Les Paul Doublecut $550), Marshall 1974X hand-wired 18 watt amp, still in the box ($1600), 1967 Dan Electro (Silvertone) Hornet, amp in case, all original down to the tubes and cords ($650), and a 1969 Kohno Model 15 ($5500).

Please send a PM if there is any interest.
I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Everything is now sold except the Marshall amp, and the British blues player still inside me has decided that's a good thing. It can stay. Thanks to those who expressed interest, and especially to them who bought.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.